Tuesday, June 23, 2009

beginnings of TCP, back in 2005!

I have been working on and off in this concept i call "the capsicum project" since 2005. Inspired by the works of various chefs specially in Spain which took the "knowing your ingredients" concept to streams. Books written about foie grass, wild plants, bacalao, rice, cacao and others in witch the chefs attempt to understand the product to the fullest, it's traditional ways of cooking and experiment with new ones...this made me look harder into my cooking world and ask myself which products define my cooking(Latino-American)? Peppers came immediately to mind specially hot peppers, the sweet ones form the base of our beloved sofritos and the hot ones make up our aji picante. There where so many questions that popped up in my mind, from how many kinds of peppers were there? to how to cook them to avoid the burn? can we get the burn(capsaicin)out? how by cooking it or with perhaps a "chemical"...oupsss so many questions! this is why started this project, to better understand the Genus Capsicum.

No comments:

Post a Comment